Possibly 2 of my
Chocolate, rich in flavonoids, contributes to a healthy heart and is also claimed to increase our serotonin levels, which is our ‘feel good’ factor. The recipe calls unsweetened
Biscotti simply means ‘twice baked’, resulting in a very crunchy texture, without the necessity of having to use extra added fat.
The recipe calls for coconut oil which brings a subtle sweet
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup unsweetened
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup raw unrefined sugar
1/4 cup raw unrefined coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cranberries
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in one bowl
2. Mix the sugar and coconut oil in another. Beat in eggs
3. Add in flour mixture until combined
4. Fold in cranberries
5. Shape mixture on a lightly floured surface into 2 10-inch flattened logs.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet placed on a baking tray, and bake @ 180c degrees for 30 minutes
7. Let cool on wire rack, then cut each log into biscotti slices
8. Transfer back to baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes; turn over, bake for another 10 minutes
9. Once cooled, enjoy or store in an airtight container.
As with all recipes, it’s fun to make your own substitutions to suit tastes or to cater for food intolerances. With their rich chocolate
Photo credits to @scawtee via Twenty20
You can follow me on one or more of the following channels: