“You can eat only healthy food, if you shop for, and stock, only healthy food”
The first step in becoming healthier at home is to review what we stock in our kitchen, and then do an ‘overhaul’ so that less healthy items are replaced with more nutritious fare. There is the added challenge of knowing where to buy healthy or organic foods while getting these at a reasonable cost.
Whether you are new to Singapore, or simply wish to start buying and becoming familiar with healthier options, come join Liza on one of her informative and fun shopping trips to learn about:
- Best stores to buy various organic and healthy foods in Singapore
- Once in a store, how to shop so as to make the best use of your time, and how to avoid purchasing unwanted, unhealthy items
- Learn how to read food nutrition labels
- Understand about organics and GMOs, and where to best invest your ‘organic’ dollars
- Discover many new healthy foods, and how to incorporate them into a healthy program for you and your family
- Knowing the unhealthiest ingredients to avoid
- Menu planning & shopping lists
“What an amazing, eye-opening trip! Never have I ever left a supermarket feeling more empowered – a must for anyone who wants to learn to shop smart for oneself or for the family (especially a household with children) without breaking the bank. My biggest takeaway was Liza showing us readily available, better alternatives (in terms of brands and ingredient labels) for the daily basics – whether it’s dairy, meat, eggs, cereals, produce, oils, or baking needs.”
“I joined the Healthy Shopping Trip to start my journey towards healthy living. I learnt so much in just 1 1/2 hours! Liza approached it knowing what we like to eat and there definitely is a “healthy version for everything”. What’s valuable is learning how to read labels which I pass on to my kids and my helper. We are more informed and more conscious of the ingredients in our food now. Really helpful!”
I can also bring you on a private shopping trip, designed specifically around your needs. Email me at email@example.com to discuss and schedule.
Personal Pantry Check
I can also come visit your home to review your pantry! I will advise on which foods and ingredients to replace, what healthier items to use instead, along with suggestions for healthier additions.
You will also learn how to stock and store items, review food preparation, meal planning to meet your family needs, tastes and preferences, along with healthy recipes, demos and other useful tips.
- We review items you stock and identify better options available
- Discuss how foods should be stocked for maximum freshness
- Review how to create meal plans and favourite recipes for you and your family
- Share tips and tools so you never run out of healthy eating ideas
- Discuss challenges particular to your family (e.g. picky eaters, allergies) and how these can be resolved